Advanced Survival Training CA – The Second Circle
Advanced Survival Training builds on the strong foundation built during your First Circle Camp.
Second Circle advanced survival training, is your next step to an increasingly higher level of experience and empowering outdoor survival skills you need.
To register for Second Circle Camp you must have attended First Circle Camp. Please visit the First Circle Camp page to sign-up.
Advanced Survival Training CA – The Second Circle Camp
Location: northern California near Mount Shasta.
Date: May 21- 26, 2017 & August 06-11, 2017 ~OPEN
Save with 90-day early registration discount-$845.00. Register by February 21, 2017.
Prerequisite: First Circle Camp
The Second Circle ratchets up your outdoor skills with advanced survival and nature awareness techniques. Advance survival training supports you mentally and physically to meet the conditions you face living off the land in a real survival scenario.
Program ♦ Advanced Survival Training CA
The Second Circle
map & compass
- advanced path-finding
- advanced shelter
- advanced fire – hand drill, extending fire
- wild edibles – including plants
- wild medicinal utilitarian plants
- open fire cooking – containers
- adv animal tracking
- awareness – stalking observation camouflage
- the hunt – philosophy
- primitive – traps and snares
- primitive hunting weapons – quick bow, arrow, sling, atlatl
- practice leave no trace camping
“Mark possesses a wealth of knowledge on wilderness survival and living. What started out for me as a grassy meadow became, after spending time with Mark, a rich history book waiting to be read, and filled with information about the travels, behaviors, and interactions of countless animals passing through it. Mark opened my eyes and helped me become more ‘one’ with nature. Learning from him was a very memorable and very positive experience.” ~ Dan H.
Advanced Survival Training CA
Second Circle advanced survival training is the next step in the Circle series of survival to help you master the skills of survival and deepen your awareness to nature.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adults minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum 12
- Requirements: Must have attended First Circle Camp to attend Second Circle.
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on Sunday at 4:00 pm – ends on Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in the northern California mountains at over 6000 feet
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet is after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $30
- Transport: shuttle service from Medford, OR. airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $75; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free.
- We reserve the right to include or omit any of the course topics listed
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert Jr. owner – founder and head instructor; Staff – Lifesong volunteer students and possible guest instructor(s)