First Circle Outdoor Wilderness Survival Training Camp – CA
Wilderness Survival Camp – California
The standard in wilderness survival, bushcraft skills, nature awareness training for adult men and women.
First Circle Camp
features empowering survival skills using primitive and modern technology. First Circle provides outstanding outdoor adventure and exponential hands on training in this six (6) day course.
Dates - May 11-16 or August 03-08, 2014 ~$795.00 ~OPEN
- Location in northern California near MT Shasta
Program ♦ First Circle Survival Training and Bushcraft Skills Camp
First Circle offers hands-on, personalized attention while developing your physical and mental abilities. Whether you are a first time camper or an experienced outdoors man or woman, Lifesong survival training will take you where you want to go.
- survival shelters – modern and primitive
- clothing – layering and natural insulation
- water – locate, solar – treatment and filtering systems
- fire – modern and primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant – medicinal and utilitarian
- survival knife – style, sharpening, use and safety
- primitive tools – throwing stick, cordage
- tracking and nature observation
- nature awareness – wide angle and night vision, deer ears and sign
- the hunt – controlled stillness and movement, stalking and camouflage
- trapping methods – snares, deadfalls
- survival attitude – panic control, fight, flight, or freeze
- staying found – practical applications from search and rescue
These valuable skills, applications and knowledge imparted to you by Lifesong’s experienced instructors will empower your life and make you as comfortable in the outdoors as you are in your home.
First Circle Camp is perfect for adult women and men to begin your wilderness survival training.
Just one week spent immersed in nature will develop your awareness, self-reliance, confidence, deep connection, and respect for nature and the outdoors. It’s the best education you can give yourself.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adults minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum 12
- Requirements: none
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in northern California near Mt Shasta
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $45
- Transport: shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $55; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert Jr. owner – founder and head instructor; Staff – Lifesong volunteer students and possible guest instructor(s)