First Circle Outdoor Wilderness Survival Training Camp – CA
First Circle Camp is the standard in wilderness survival training for adult men and women in California
First Circle Camp ~California
First Circle Camp features empowering survival skills using primitive and modern technology. First Circle provides outstanding outdoor adventure with hands on training during this six (6) day wilderness survival course.
Location: northern California near Mount Shasta.
Tuition: $895.00, 90 day early registration (ER) price – $845.00
Dates: 2016 – May 15-20 & August 14-19 & September 04-09. ~OPEN
Early registration (ER) $50.00 discount. Register 90 days on or before the first day of camp choice.
Program ♦ First Circle Camp ~California
First Circle Camp provides hands-on training in the skills of wilderness survival. At camp, you receive personalized one-on-one attention to help you build up your survival skills in a relaxed, fun, and friendly, learning environment.
Whether you are a first time camper or an experienced outdoors man or woman, First Circle survival training will help you build a strong foundation in outdoor wilderness survival and nature awareness skills.
First Circle Camp Curriculum
- survival shelters – modern and primitive
- clothing – layering and natural insulation
- water – locate, solar – treatment and filtering systems
- fire – modern and primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant – medicinal and utilitarian
- survival knife – style, sharpening, use and safety
- primitive hunting tools
- tracking and nature observation
- nature awareness
- the hunt – controlled stillness and movement, stalking and camouflage
- trapping methods – snares, dead-falls
- survival attitude
- staying found
The valuable skills, applications, and knowledge imparted to you, will empower your life and deepen your connection to the outdoors.
First Circle Camp is perfect for adult women and men to begin your wilderness survival training. – California
Just 6 days spent immersed in nature will develop your awareness, self-reliance, confidence, deep connection, and respect for nature and the outdoors. It’s the best education on the outdoors you can give yourself.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adults minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum 20
- Requirements: none
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in northern California near Mt Shasta
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $45
- Transport: shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $55; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free
- We reserve the right to include or omit any of the course topics listed
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert Jr. owner – founder and head instructor; Staff – Lifesong volunteer students and possible guest instructor(s)
Wilderness Outdoor Adult Survival Camp – California