Second Circle Outdoor Wilderness Survival Training Camp – CA
Second Circle outdoor camp is the next course in Lifesong Adventure’s advanced California survival training. Expanding on the strong foundation you built in First Circle Outdoor Camp - Second Circle, is where you advance to an increasingly higher level of first-hand experience, exponential know how, and empowering outdoor skills.
Dates - June 22-27, 2014 register 60 days before the first day of camp ~ $800.00
- Location in northern California near MT Shasta
Second Circle adds to your training with advanced survival and nature awareness techniques and exercises. These challenges provide you with powerful physical training while preparing you mentally to meet the conditions you would face in a real survival scenario.
Program ♦ Second Circle Survival Training & Bushcraft Skills
- adventure mapping – use topographical map, compass, GPS and map course of travel
- nighttime navigation – with wilderness orientation
- advanced pathfinding – using natural practical aids
- advanced shelter – building and living in personal primitive shelter
- advanced fire – hand drill, transporting, extending fire
- wild edibles – identify and gather insect, plant
- wild medicinal and utilitarian plants
- open fire cooking
- intro – man tracking – awareness challenges
- the hunt – stalking, observation, natural camouflage
- primitive – traps and snares
- primitive hunting weapons – quick bow, arrow, string
- day hikes
- practice leave no trace camping
“Mark possesses a wealth of knowledge on wilderness survival and living. What started out for me as a grassy meadow became, after spending time with Mark, a rich history book waiting to be read, and filled with information about the travels, behaviors, and interactions of countless animals passing through it. Mark opened my eyes and helped me become more ‘one’ with nature. Learning from him was a very memorable and very positive experience.” ~ Dan H.
The adventure continues.
Second Circle Camp prepares you for an extreme survival challenge – THE EDGE. This is the next step in the circle series mastering the skills of survival while continuing to deepen your connection and awareness to the world around you.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adults minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum 12
- Requirements: Must have attended First Circle Camp.
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on Sunday at 4:00 pm – ends on Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in the northern California mountains at over 6000 feet
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $45
- Transport: Shuttle service from Medford, OR. airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $55; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free.
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert Jr. owner – founder and head instructor; Staff – Lifesong volunteer students and possible guest instructor(s)