THE EDGE – Extreme Survival Training Adventure
THE EDGE extreme wilderness survival adventure based in part on Bear Grylls in Man vs Wild TV series. THE EDGE is about survival and facing the unknown. Mark Wienert, consultant for Man vs. Wild, uses powerful survival skills and nature awareness techniques personally developed by Mark Wienert and specifically designed to give you THE EDGE in life!
Lifesong Wilderness Adventures offers the best hands-on, personalized attention while developing your physical and mental ability. This is an, “in your face” serious adventure. Are you ready to experience the challenge and excitement you will find, by bringing yourself to THE EDGE of extreme survival in a rigorous, demanding, and personally empowering wilderness adventure!
Program ♦ THE EDGE extreme survival training and bushcraft skills
- emergency fire making
- minimal shelter
- water a vital need
- food if you can find it
Masterful skills needed to successfully face and survive the unknown, distilled into 6 intensely challenging days of training for you.
With only a knife, flint, canteen and the clothes on your back, you head into the wilderness to face the unknown and join the elite, survival of the fittest.
It is with purpose we do not give out specific details about camp in order to enhance your extreme survival vacation. It is our goal to help you develop self-confidence, self-reliance, and self-empowerment while facing the unknown. Mark Wienert supplies the knowledge and tools to give you THE EDGE.
Even though you will be on your own and away from our main camp for your overnight adventure, we monitor participants to insure a great experience. Plenty of delicious mountain water is available at all times during all aspects of camp.
“Dear Mark and Celeste,
I just wanted to drop you a note of thanks & gratitude. As you know THE EDGE was a 50th birthday present from my family. Singularly, this was the best gift I ever received. Your camp was outstanding and exceeded my expectations. Your curriculum and intensive training got me well prepared for my solo overnight adventure. I would recommend this camp to anyone young & old alike, male or female.
All the best.” ~ Dr. Dean G. Professor Columbia University
1 – 2 – 3 Survival Series
For those who want more excitement and more in-depth training, we encourage you to take the First and Second Circle Camp series before taking the final challenge…THE EDGE, the Third Circle. If you want it all, these three outstanding programs deliver.
Take advantage of the 10% discount by registering 90 days in advance for 2013! READ Registration Policies before purchasing camp.
Dates – THE EDGE Extreme Vacation CA
May 19 – 24, 2013 August 11 – 16, 2013 September 22 – 27, 2013
Register by check.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: Adults minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum 6 – recommended for couples
- Requirements: medical practitioner’s release
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in the northern California mountains at over 6000 feet
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $45
- Knife Recommendation: SOG Seal Pup Elite
- Transport: Shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $55; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free.
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert Jr. owner – founder and head instructor; Staff – Lifesong volunteer students and possible guest instructor(s)
Frank S. talks about his experience at THE EDGE an extreme vacation survival adventure.