The Journey, the ultimate challenge, is exclusively held for graduates of THE EDGE
Lifesong's Ultimate Challenge is specifically for those who wish to further increase their experience in the art of wilderness survival and nature awareness to a whole new level.
A Guided Challenge
The Journey is a 7-day guided adventure. Included within the 7-day challenge are 4-days and 4-nights alone with minimal food and gear.
This advanced adventure is composed of specific challenges to meet each day. Challenges consist of orienteering and other basic survival requirements such as shelter, water, fire, and food.
On your own
Participants are on their own during this adventure with Lifesong staff supporting to make sure an exciting and empowering experience for each participant. You know the drill, Lifesong staff is shadowing but not interacting directly with you during your four-day four-night walkabout.
Developed specifically for EDGE graduates...the adventure continues at Lifesong Wilderness Adventures.
~ The Journey
Location: 2017: California. Mount Shasta
Dates - August 20-26, 2017
READ Registration Policies before purchasing camp.
Register by check.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: graduates of THE EDGE
- Requirements: medical practitioner’s release
- Duration: 7 days 6 nights
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Saturday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in the northern California. Camp elevation 6000'
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available
- Transport: Shuttle Service from Medford, Oregon airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $55; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free.
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor; Lifesong volunteer staff.