The Way is a philosophical approach to survival and a journey of personal transformation, empowerment, self-discovery, and renewal. Perfect, for couples, groups, friends, and individuals who are looking for a relaxing retreat experience.
Take advantage of the 10% discount by registering 90 days in advance for 2013!
READ Registration Policies before purchasing camp.
Dates – The Way CA
September 08-13, 2013 ~ $895 or with ER discount $805.50
Register by check.
In this California wilderness adventure, you discover the spirit of the old ways, honor for the land, self, and others through all things natural. With stone, wood, plant, and fire, you will explore ancient and modern techniques that empower our inner being while deepening our awareness, connection, and relationship with the natural world.
Program ♦ The Way a Wilderness Journey
- ancient indigenous philosophy
- relaxation techniques
- stillness and meditation
- quiet movement
- develop and increase sensory awareness
- wild edible, medicinal and utilitarian plants
- musical instruments
- crafting wood implements
- wildlife behavior
- day hikes
Journey the inner and outer realms and possibilities of the human experience. Relax in an engaging, stress free atmosphere and let Mark lead you through a week of serenity. The Way is highly recommended for everyone.
“A day spent with Mark is comparative to a childhood memory of summer with your best friend. When the long days were filled with wonder and magic. Never-ending discoveries of the natural world were always present and life had a beautiful quality that could almost be tasted. An authentic person, Mark is dedicated to connecting people with nature. An intimate connection that many may not even know they have forgotten.”
~ Bethany Staffieri
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adults minimum age 18 – enrollment unlimited – highly recommended for couples
- Requirements: none
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in the northern California mountains near Mt Shasta
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $45
- Transport: Shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $55; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free.
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert Jr. owner – founder and head instructor; Staff – Lifesong volunteer students and possible guest instructor(s)