Teen Apprentice 28 Day – Wilderness Survival Training CA
Teen Wilderness Apprentice is an extensive, 28 day California summer survival training program featuring, primitive and modern survival skills, wilderness navigation and orientation, exploration and path finding, fundamentals of tracking and nature awareness, outdoor cooking, and practical life skills.
Spending 28 days in the rugged mountains of northern California, this summer adventure will empower your teen with confidence, self-reliance, awareness, and increase team and leadership qualities.
Study ♦ Teen Wilderness Apprentice California
- survival shelters – modern and primitive, bivouac
- water – locate, treatment and filtering techniques
- fire – modern and primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant – medicinal and utilitarian
- navigation – wilderness orientation
- path finding – tracking and nature observation
- the hunt – controlled stillness and movement, stalking and camouflage
- bow – arrow making
- conservation – practices and application, community service credits (10 hrs)
Through this hands-on, experiential training your son or daughter will develop unique and valuable practical skills that will help them face new adventures and experiences with courage, determination, confidence and strength of character. He or she will be able to apply these modern and primitive survival skills and valuable instruction in future studies and livelihoods. This is the richest, most challenging and rewarding California wilderness adventure your teen will embark on in that complex trail to adulthood.
“I have never had a happier summer than the one I spent as Mark’s wilderness apprentice. Those few short weeks seem so idyllic now that I can scarcely believe they happened; every morning, I swam in a pristine mountain lake, and during the day I hiked and learned with Mark in the forested hills within sight of Mount Shasta. Every night, we cooked fantastic meals in old-style Dutch ovens, and sat by the coals as we watched the stars come out. I recommend this camp to anyone with a sense of adventure and curiosity about the world around them.”
~ Gabe L.
READ Registration Policies before purchasing camp.
Dates – Teen Apprentice 28 Day Wilderness Survival Training CA
June 30 – July 27, 2013
Register by check.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: ages 15 – 19 co-ed – enrollment maximum 12
- Requirements: health practitioner’s release Contact us for an application form prior to purchasing camp.
- Duration: 28 days
- Schedule: begins Sunday July 1 at 4:00 pm – ends Saturday July 28 at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in the northern California mountains over 6000 feet
- Transport: round- trip shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport, $100.00. Dunsmuir, CA train station, $75.00. Weed CA Greyhound bus station, Free.
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert Jr. owner – founder and head instructor; Lifesong Staff – student volunteers chosen for their leadership qualities