Welcome to Survival Camp News. Here you will find the latest news about Lifesong Wilderness Adventures camps and courses. For an overview of our class and camp availability see the CALENDAR page. If you have a question use our Email form, CONTACT US.
Survival Camp News
Oregon Survival School
Useful Coastal Plants. The focus of this 2-day class is edible and useful plants of Oregon. This is always a fun class but doubly so as we discover edible and useful plants, conifers, fungi, and other plant kingdoms.
- Please go to the Oregon Survival School page for course details.
- Survival Skills Training Weekend.
- Government Military and Corporate courses information.
Teen Camp programs, 2022 contact Mark for details.
Survival Stories & Tips
How to Survive the Pandemic
How to survive the Pandemic? Simple. Get vaccinated.
Over 900,000 fellow Americans have died as of March 12, 2021 due to COVID-19. I do not know about you, but that number of deaths representing family, neighbors, and friends. Is hard to wrap my mind around. I grieve our collective loss.
My COVID-19 Vaccine Update
It's now March 2021, and on my daughter's birthday I'm happy to say. I received my first COVID-19 vaccine. My second course of the vaccine was completed early April. And now I have received my third vaccine.
Friday, June 03, 2022 I received my fourth vaccine for the latest variants of Covid. Our community organizers did a super job, and the clinic was professional and organized.
Spending much time at home we have not been idle. Tracking the wildlife that passes through the yard and forest trails are everyday activity with use. We recently captured this beautiful member of the Cat family posing for the camera. View here at our YouTube Channel.
View this big cat. Cougar Tracking with Mark Wienert.
Survival Camp News Quotes of the Day
- Go With the Flow. To put it bluntly. You cannot fight nature and expect to survive. Fighting nature is to fight the self. And fighting yourself is the last thing you want to be doing in a survival situation. Go with the flow, bend like the willow, adaptable and flexible. This is the philosophy of Lifesong Wilderness Adventures.
The bush is neutral. It is neither for nor against me. My comfort depends on what I can do for myself and how much I know about using the bush materials around me.
Becoming angry, depressed, or unhappy does little to help me in my situation. I will try to think positive thoughts and find ways to be thankful for what I have. When I am not sure of what to do I will stop, relax and think out the situation before I act.
I realize moving about when I do not know where I am or where I am going will make it more difficult for others to find me.
My concern at this moment is to make myself comfortable for tonight. I shall shelter myself from wind, rain or snow and build a fire to warm up.
I will not let fear or panic rule my mind as this only works against me. The bush is inert. It is incapable of doing me harm. ~By Mors Kochanski
More Quotes and Meditations
- Chief Oren Lyons, Faithkeeper of the Wolf Clan - It's Time to Get Ready...
“It is possible to live without gold and silver,
And one can resist the temptations of seductive women,
But to abstain from eating mushrooms is difficult.” Poem by Latin poet Martial (43-104 AD)
- “When you fail to prepare, you're preparing to fail,” ~ John Wooden
Great was my Mother The Earth ~ My Lodge by Duke Redbird
- “We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.” ~Martin Luther King Jr
“The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change.” ~Greta Thornburg
- One Water, One Air, One Mother Earth ~Corbin Harney, Shoshone Elder
“Hiking and happiness go hand in hand or foot in boot.” ~Diane Spicer
- Learn to carry your box of matches in your mind and muscle" ~Vaasilli Moelagi Jackson. Savaii, Western Samoa.
This world we live in is a remarkable wondrous place. We have no other home to go too. So treat this earth and your neighbors and community with respect and humility. Life passes by much to quickly to do otherwise.