A Scouts Path
The ancient Apache Scouts excelled at synergistic components that create a true warrior: awareness, skill, strong spirit, and endurance. Lifesong's Apache style Scout training develops exceptional ability in situational awareness, mental acuity, and tactical physical agility.
A Scouts Path
Date: to be announced. This course is offered by invitation only
Requirements: Previous Lifesong Student
Location: to be announced
READ Registration Policies before purchasing camp.
Register by check.
The skill set of the ancient Apache Scout empowers like no other awareness or personal security training can
Apache - Wolverine fighting
The martial skills of the Apache were paramount to their success in their ability to protect and defend the tribe. The lance, stick, and knife were the weapons of choice. The ancient scouts developed their own specialized martial art system. Apache-Wolverine fighting was explosive and brutal. In the Apache Wolverine style of fighting the warrior must react swiftly to the threat with purpose releasing the animal within.
Beyond the physical
Beyond the traditional physical and martial skill of warrior training, A Scout Path delves deeply into the psychological skill set of the Apache tradition. The Shadow warriors as they were often called by other tribes developed to perfection the ability to move across a landscape silently and invisibly without detection. And while living off the land.
Invisibility and Camouflage
The ancient Scouts read the landscape like a book noticing even the smallest disturbance. Masters of inner and outer camouflage the Apache Scout could appear out of nowhere causing surprise, fear, and confusion among the enemy.
A Scouts Path is the first step into the realm of the Sacred Warrior
Program ♦ A Scouts Path
- situational awareness - instinct, read body language, tracking awareness
- conflict management
- mental acuity - breath and body control, endurance
- inner outer camouflage, invisibility
- tactical physical ability - strength and agility
- open hand
- short stick
- 3/4 lance
A Scouts Path - personal security and outdoor survival course based on the instruction and training I received in the Way of the Scout taught by Tom Brown Jr. As taught to Tom through his mentor and teacher Stalking Wolf a Lipan Apache Scout of the ancient tradition.
As with all instruction at Lifesong Wilderness Adventures, our goal is to improve your skill and your comfort level dramatically in the outdoors.
NOTE: A Scouts Path derives its methodology and philosophy from the ancient Apache Scouts dedication to service, respect, and peace. "Apache Scouts are great negotiators and are the last to pick up the lance." There is always another option available to fear and fighting.
Some of the most powerful and effective ancient Apache Scouts are women
Of Victorio's sister Lozen; Nana said of Lozen, "Though she is a woman, there is no warrior more worthy than the sister of Victorio."
A powerful skill set
Adding the skill set of the ancient Apache scout warrior greatly enhances your survival and nature awareness skills.
- water on the go
- hand drill
- throwing stick
- snare & dead-fall
A Scouts Path - personal security and outdoor survival course
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: Adults minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum; 20 (Perfect for moms, dads, students, teachers, singularly or in groups.)
- Requirements: must have completed First Circle, L.O.S.T. - Texas or other LWA courses. 18 & older
- no prior martial arts training required, it is beneficial to be in good physical condition
- Duration: 6 days - 5 nights
- Locations: California - 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, near Mt Shasta.
- Accommodations: on site camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $30
- Transport: For California Shuttle service from Medford Oregon airport; airport code MFR; $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $55; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free.
- For Texas - airport shuttle service - Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert and and Lifesong volunteers