Wilderness Immersion Adult Outdoor Survival Training California. 14 or 28-days in the rugged and beautiful wilds of northern California.
Wilderness Immersion Adult Outdoor Survival Training
CONTACT US for an application before purchasing.
Wilderness Immersion Adult Outdoor Survival Training CA. Now choose either the 14 – Day Immersion or 28-day
~we are excited to offer just the 14-Day adult immersion for 2019. We currently working on our schedule. Thank you for your patience.
For ages 18 and over.
Location: northern California near Mt. Shasta.
Tuition: purchase by cashiers or personal check, money order. 4 week –
2 week –
Purchase through Paypal: 14-Days or 28-Days (Pay by personal check or money order and receive substantial savings. Contact Mark for more information.)
READ registration policies before purchasing camp. Register by check or purchase Camp via PayPal below
More ♦ Camp Info
Wilderness Immersion Adult Outdoor Survival Training CA – 28 days.
A list of the practical primitive skills and applications for wilderness immersion training are:
- survival shelters – modern and primitive
- water – locate, treatment and filtering techniques
- fire – primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant – medicinal and utilitarian
- tracking and nature observation
- the hunt – controlled stillness and movement, stalking and camouflage
- bow – arrow making
- trapping methods – snares and deadfalls
Through this hands-on, two-week or month-long experiential wilderness California survival training, you will develop unique and valuable practical skills that will help you face new adventures and experiences with courage, determination, confidence, and strength of character.
You can apply these modern and primitive survival skills and valuable instruction in future studies and livelihoods. This is a rich, challenging, and rewarding wilderness adventure, you may embark on.
14 or 28-Day Wilderness Immersion
- The first 14-days of 28-Day camp we alternate days between learning survival skills and hiking.
- day one is skills day. We work on fire-craft, traps, and carving.
- Day two, we’re out in the field learning edible plants and animal tracking
- Day 3 we add more skills, explore, and discover.
- Day 4 we explore further afield with an all day hike to give our bodies the exercise it needs to develop the endurance you need for mountain fitness. The first week is all about preparation for week two. Challenge week.
The second week is challenge week. During week two we apply all that you have learned in the first week of training. Which includes two back to back overnights with minimal food and gear.
Week 3 and 4 we increase the skills taught and physical activity. It’s week 4 that really ties the whole experience together for you. You now have your training, you’re physically and mentally stronger, perhaps more than you have ever have been in your life.
Now it’s Week 4. Graduation.
“This has been a phenomenal adventure and everything you have taught me and all that I have learned this summer, about myself, and others and life will, for sure, prove invaluable in my journeys that lie ahead. THANK YOU! ~ Todd M.
“Dear Mark and all who are considering taking this course.
It’s taken a long while, but I am finally writing about August. And I want to tell you that the Immersion was the best-spent month of my life. What a gift: both to dwell in a timeless space of just remembering how to really come alive, live vibrantly and stay attuned, and then to live each day considering and practicing what it all means regarding what, how, when, and why you do the things you do. And to be able to have an ongoing dialogue–with a person of Mark’s strength and wisdom (and patience!)–about being a part of the wider community of life…..well, I feel so fulfilled.
Along with making fire almost every eve now (a gift every time), and having more of an eye for toolmaking and tracking than I knew I could have, each day I see and feel more than I ever have before. And thanks to Mark, I have been reminded of the energy and joy that the freedom of nature grants the human spirit. Whether I’m surrounded by mountains or buildings, now I know that my life’s honest and wild Song still sounds. And now I know that I have the power to listen to it.” Thank you so much Mark ~Robert Lee. Immersion 2015
- Eligible Students: adults 18 and over
- Maximum enrollment: 8
- Requirements: health practitioner’s release, and see above.
- Contact us for an application form prior to purchasing camp
- Duration: 14 or 28-days
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Saturday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: food provided
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in northern California near Mt. Shasta
- Transport: see more services
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert Jr. owner – founder and head instructor