First Circle Camp California
Practical Wilderness Survival Training
For Men and Women
A very wise woman once said;
“Our people used traditional knowledge from the forest, to help themselves…Learn to carry your box of matches in your mind and muscle” ~Vaasilli Moelagi Jackson. Savaii, Western Samoa.
First Circle Camp. Wilderness survival training
- shelter – primitive and modern types
- clothing – layering and natural insulation
- water – locate, solar – treatment and filtering systems
- fire – modern and primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant – medicinal and utilitarian
- survival knife – sharpening, use, and safety
- primitive hunting tools
- animal tracking – nature observation
- the hunt – controlled stillness and movement, stalking and camouflage
- trapping methods – snare, deadfall
- survival attitude
- staying found
You will learn to be more at home and confident in the outdoors. Each day you increase your knowledge and skill level.
Register today. You will be glad you did.
First Circle Camp
Where: Mount Shasta, California
Tuition: May 13, 2018, $800.00 – August 12, 2018 – $845.00
Discounts: see dropdown menu
Dates 2018: May 13-18, at Low Camp ~SPACE AVAILABLE
August 12 – 17 at High Camp ~SPACE AVAILABLE
‘Or, Buy Now with PayPal’
First Circle Camp CA
“I was nervous to learn that I would be the only woman at my First Circle Camp. After meeting Mark, his staff, and the other participants, I was immediately relieved of all my worry. Mark and the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable: gave me camping spot near the kitchen, showed me several options for restrooms, and worked hard to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment. Because of the kindness and awareness of the six men in the group, I was able to focus all my energy on learning wilderness skills instead of on the fact that I was the only woman. Big thanks to Mark and everyone else for a great experience and fantastic adventure!” ~Michelle Killingsworth.
Ladies, Michelle is not the only woman who has attended First Circle Camp with us over the years, but she is one of the few who attend as the only female. Generally, our attendance of women is about 30% of the group. The exception was last May 2017 when the Ladies outnumbered the fellows. Way to go gals!
“Dear Mark, I’ve wanted to write ever since I left camp but I’ve been struggling with what to say…it was such a beautiful experience for me. I still don’t really know what all to say, but I do know I want to say THANK YOU for everything!”
~ Pam N.
“Lifesong Wilderness Adventures provides such a wonderful experience. Whether participating in refresher courses or new courses, I always feel incredibly empowered and confident afterward. Dirt-Time is hard to come by for me due to my day job. Lifesong provides a mix of class and dirt-time that allows for continuous growth and awareness that I can use not just in the great outdoors, but even at home and at work. Thank you, Mark, for being such an inspiring and patient teacher. And to the staff!!! WOW! I might have gained some weight during my week at First Circle Camp. Thank you, Jayson and Robert!!” ~Roberta Kellis
“I wanted to share with you and your team my thoughts and reaction to Life Song Adventures. When thinking of my experience what comes to mind is magical, awe-inspiring and Life changing. When I got home I couldn’t thank my wife and daughter enough for giving me the gift of Life Song for my 60th birthday. You have given something back to me that I thought I had been lost long ago, the wonder of nature and my place in it. ~Jeff Holden.
More Camp Info
- Students: minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum 12
- Requirements: none
- Camp duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: northern California near Mt Shasta
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: breakfast and dinner included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $30
- Parking: $20.00 per vehicle
Transport: shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $75; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free
We reserve the right to include or omit any of the course topics listed. Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner-founder and head instructor; Staff – LWA volunteers