Extreme Survival Training For Men and Women. Learn to survive with only a knife, flint, canteen, and the clothes on your back.
THE EDGE captures the essence of survival training ~Dr. Dean Glasser
Your survival vacation starts here. Masterful survival skills needed to face and survive the unknown.
- expert instruction with Mark Wienert
- find your new comfort zone
- increase your physical and mental resilience
- challenge yourself in this rigorous, demanding, outdoor adventure.
Folks, were taking a break for the 2019 season. We look forward to offering this exciting adventure again 2020.
Read registration policies. Buy by CHECK
‘Or, Buy Now with PayPal’
Backcountry survival emergencies do happen. Our training prepares you.
- emergency fire making
- minimal shelter
- water a vital need
- food if you can find it
Video of Rick and Darren on THE EDGE.
A Rite of Passage
THE EDGE, marks and celebrates important times in your life. Reaffirm you still have ‘what it takes’. Reconnect with the wild within. Rite of passage.
Who attends THE EDGE?
Couples, fathers and sons, mother and daughters, sisters, and brothers. Professionals, military and police officers. All attend THE EDGE.
Plan early and register for this challenging and fun adventure.
Questions? Contact Mark.
Read the what our EDGE graduates have to say:
I had a completely different review planned. Then Hurricane Harvey hit. In August of 2017, I took the Edge. Atypically, I took the course without having done any of the earlier ones such as first circle. Despite my limited knowledge, I was able to learn and survive.
The class was a fantastic experience; however that is not what this is about. Shortly after I completed the class, Hurricane Harvey came barreling towards my home. Severe flooding, tornado’s, and no access to traditional food sources resulted. Thanks to the training I had received in the Edge, and especially thanks to the mindset developed there, I was able to manage my family’s survival situation with ease.
I credit our safety during this disaster to Mark and his teachings, as well as the overall experience of the Edge. Thank you, Mark. We are safely managing this disaster thanks to you. ~Ryan Fremuth
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for another incredible week of the Edge at LWA. The opportunity to come back this time with my son Kevin and to share this journey has provided us a lifetime of memories. The program you have designed captures the essence of survival training physicality as well as mental toughness. These tools complemented by your advanced training leaves the survivalist a profound sense of spiritual appreciation for nature and the obstacles we must overcome.
Dr. Dean Glasser
Prof. Columbia University Dental School
LI Scout Baltimore Orioles
Major League Baseball
Wilderness survival skills
“I am awfully glad I had the opportunity to spend that time with you. It has helped me connect in a more profound way to nature around me. I look at it differently and slow down so that I can be more present to it – for some reason I am now better able to blot out much of the extraneous stimuli of modern life. Also, and equally important, I have an entirely more practical and nuanced understanding of survival in the wild – no longer driven to conquer it, far less afraid of it, and far more confident in my ability to make the appropriate decisions. Far more in awe of nature too! ” Cheers! ~ Hugh MacMillan
“Hey Mark, I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to thank you again for an amazing experience in the edge camp. Rick and I had a great time learning about the wild and how to survive with nothing!” ~Darren Desgroseilliers.
More Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adults and teens minimum age 16 – enrollment maximum 8
- Requirements: good physical condition
- Duration: 4 days 4 nights in Texas. 6 days 5 nights in California.
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Friday at 12:00 pm (noon) in California. Texas EDGE, arrive day before course date at 4 pm. leave last day of camp at noon.
- Location: 4 hours drive north of San Francisco Bay area, in northern California near Mount Shasta. 6 hours south of Portland Oregon. In Texas near Austin.
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: provided
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $30
- Knife recommendation: best survival knife
- Transport: Shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport $110; Dunsmuir, CA train station $55; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free. Texas, Austin Bergstrom Airport $40.
- Instructor Mark Wienert and volunteer staff
Extreme Wilderness Survival Training – THE EDGE.