Advanced Survival Training CA – The Second Circle
Advanced Survival Training CA.
Second Circle is your next step to an increasingly higher level of survival skills.
Prerequisite: First Circle Camp.
Advanced Survival Training CA – The Second Circle Camp.
Location: northern California near Mount Shasta.
Date: August 06-11, 2017 ~OPEN
Save with 60-day early registration discount-$845.00.
The Second Circle ratchets up your outdoor skills with advanced survival and nature awareness techniques. Advance survival training helps you to develop the skills necessary to face a real survival scenario.
Program ♦ Advanced Survival Training CA
- map & compass
- advanced fire – hand drill, extending fire
- wild edibles – including plants
- wild medicinal utilitarian plants
- open fire cooking – containers
- adv animal tracking
- awareness – stalking observation camouflage
- the hunt – philosophy
- primitive – traps and snares
- primitive hunting weapons – quick bow, arrow, sling, atlatl
- practice leave no trace camping
“Mark possesses a wealth of knowledge on wilderness survival and living. What started out for me as a grassy meadow became, after spending time with Mark, a rich history book waiting to be read, and filled with information about the travels, behaviors, and interactions of countless animals passing through it. Mark opened my eyes and helped me become more ‘one’ with nature. Learning from him was a very memorable and very positive experience.” ~ Dan H.
Advanced Survival Training CA
Second Circle advanced survival training is the next camp in the Circle series of survival.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adults minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum 12
- Requirements: Must have attended First Circle Camp to attend Second Circle.
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on Sunday at 4:00 pm – ends on Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in the northern California mountains at over 6000 feet
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet is after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $30
- Transport: shuttle service from Medford, OR. airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $75; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free.
- We reserve the right to include or omit any of the course topics listed
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor; Staff – Lifesong volunteer students and possible guest instructor(s)