First Circle Camp California
Wilderness Survival Training for Adults
Exclusive training in self-reliance, practical, and personally empowering survival skills for the beginning adult.
Where: Mount Shasta, California
- Bring a buddy discount. Register for Two (2) $1,600.00
Dates 2018: May 13-18 ~SPACE AVAILABLE
Or purchase via PayPal below.
First Circle Camp CA
- shelter – primitive and modern types
- clothing – layering and natural insulation
- water – locate, solar – treatment and filtering systems
- fire – modern and primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant – medicinal and utilitarian
- survival knife – style, sharpening, use, and safety
- primitive hunting tools
- animal tracking – nature observation
- the hunt – controlled stillness and movement, stalking and camouflage
- trapping methods – snare, deadfall
- survival attitude
- staying found
The Circle Series of Survival Training
First Circle Camp is the first of four (4) camps we offer for the circle curriculum.
The Circle camp series of survival include First and Second Circle, THE EDGE, and The Journey. All are held at our field Camp locations near Mt Shasta, California.
Each progressive camp increases your knowledge, experience, skill level exponentially in the outdoors. There is no shortcut to professional survival training.
Learn to be relaxed, comfortable, and confident in the outdoors. Register today. You will be glad you did.
“I was nervous to learn that I would be the only woman at my First Circle Camp. After meeting Mark, his staff, and the other participants, I was immediately relieved of all my worry. Mark and the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable: gave me camping spot near the kitchen, showed me several options for restrooms, and worked hard to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment. Because of the kindness and awareness of the six men in the group, I was able to focus all my energy on learning wilderness skills instead of on the fact that I was the only woman. A big thanks to Mark and everyone else for a great experience and fantastic adventure!” ~Michelle K.
Ladies, Michelle is not the only woman who has attended First Circle Camp with us over the years, but she is one of the few who attend as the only female. Generally our attendance of women is about 30% of the group. The exception was last May 2017 when the Ladies out numbered the fellows for the first time. Way to go gal’s!
Lifesong Wilderness Adventures provides such a wonderful experience. Whether participating in refresher courses or new courses, I always feel incredibly empowered and confident afterwards. Dirt-Time is hard to come by for me due to my day job. Lifesong provides a mix of class and dirt-time that allows for continuous growth and awareness that I can use not just in the great outdoors, but even at home and at work. Thank you, Mark, for being such an inspiring and patient teacher. And to the staff!!! WOW! I might have gained some weight during my week at First Circle Camp. Thank you, Jayson and Robert!!” ~Roberta K.
Now that the dust has settled, and I have had a chance to catch up with work and my 500 emails, I wanted to share with you and your team my thoughts and reaction to Life Song Adventures. When thinking of my experience what comes to mind is magical, awe-inspiring and Life changing. When I got home I couldn’t thank my wife and daughter enough for giving me the gift of Life Song for my 60th birthday. You have giving something back to me that I thought I had been lost long ago, the wonder of nature and my place in it.
Being citified as I like to call myself, who knew that with you and your amazing team, I would learn to make string out plant fiber or take a moonlit hike, always feeling safe and in awe. I appreciated your constant attention to detail, right down to making sure we washed our hands before dinner. It was so wonderful how you guided our group who had never met until that first day to be with each other, talk and share to eventually becoming our own team whom by the time I left, I felt they would always have my back, these complete strangers who are now my friends.
Thank you to Khalil your 19-year-old padawan who set the example of what we could lean and become. You have helped him become the man I met that weekend, fearless and courageous but always there with encouragement and a smile. I was thinking how amazing he is and wished more kids could benefit from your mentorship.
Thank you to Jason, for helping make the most amazing meals. Teaching our group the many things we could eat (and did) right there on the mountain. It was exciting to pick wild purple onion and see it in one of our meals or drink nettle and pine needle tea. You are blessed to have someone so gifted helping create magic.
Mark you are truly an inspirational man. I enjoyed your sense of humor and patience, continually teaching us and helping us all to grow as individuals and as a team… Thank YOU!!
You are My Mister Rogers of the Forest.
Sincerely, another Life Song Padawan.” ~Jeff H.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adults minimum age 18 – enrollment maximum 20
- Requirements: none
- Duration: 6 days 5 nights
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Friday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in northern California near Mt Shasta
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Meals: included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $30
- Transport: shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport $100; Dunsmuir, CA train station $75; and, Weed, CA Greyhound bus station free
- We reserve the right to include or omit any of the course topics listed
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor; Staff – Lifesong volunteer students and guest instructor(s)