Wilderness Survival Training Texas
Could you survive outdoors in a natural disaster for one week? Without matches, a gun, knife, food, and the skills needed to survive? Do you want to rely on someone else to make life and death decisions for you? Do you know how to supply yourself with the most basic survival needs?
Our expert training will prepare you. At the Wilderness Survival in Texas we provide the knowledge and hands-on training to give the edge during any crisis. We teach you how to survive and thrive in nature.
"Mark and his team are knowledgeable and passionate about bushcraft and the outdoors. It is very clear by the way they speak and teach their skills. I had so much fun and learned so much. My experience with Mark far surpassed my expectations."
~Christopher Baron - Texas, 2018, Wilderness Survival Training in Texas.
Dates 2021: March 14 - 20 Std-Adv Standard back to back - $845
Standard only - Mar 14-17- $500
THE EDGE - Mar 21-24 - $699
Location: Griffith League Scout Ranch, near Austin, Texas
*See all course(s) descriptions below
Texas Standard and Advanced Standard Training
Standard Training - Sunday thru Wednesday noon
- panic fear factor
- survival pack – 24 and 72 hour
- survival knife-type-sharpening-use and safety
- shelter – primitive, modern
- water – hydration – treatment
- fire-craft one match, flint/steel, bow drill
- wild edibles-animal- plant - insect
- plant fibers-cordage-netting
- the hunt-tools-intro trapping
Advanced Standard Training - Wednesday afternoon thru Saturday noon
- advanced tracking – nature observation and awareness
- fire – hand drill
- wild medicinal plants
- primitive cooking
- open fire cooking
- advanced trapping
- quick bow
- the hunt
Unable to attend the full week? Choose Texas Standard survival training. March 08-11, 2020. $500.00
Texas Standard Graduates. Are you a Standard graduate? Complete your training.
Texas EDGE - extreme survival training. March 15-18, $800.00.
- mentally and physically demanding
- personally challenging
- extreme adventure
We take only accept a limited number of guests for the EDGE. Visit THE EDGE to learn more about this challenging rite of passage adventure.
- Eligible Students: adult, teens 16 and older may attend with parental permission - enrollment maximum, 20 students
- Requirements: none
- Duration: Texas Standard 4 days, Texas Advanced Standard 4 days
- Schedule: Standard begins Sunday at 11:00 am and ends Wednesday at 11:00 am-Advanced Standard begins Wednesday at 2:00 pm and ends Saturday at 11:00 am. Texas EDGE, arrive day before course date at 4 pm. leave last day of camp at noon.
- Accommodations: on-site tenting, tent not included. Tent rentals available
- Meals: included
- Location: Griffith League Scout Ranch, Bastrop, Texas
- Airport: Austin-Bergstrom international airport code AUS
- Transportation: Shuttle service is available from AUS to camp and airport return -$40.00
- Instructors: Mark Wienert, and Staff
Texas Survival Training Reviews
"My experience with Mark far surpassed my expectations. I have spent years studying and researching these skills online and it doesn’t even compare to the few days I spent with Mark and his crew. I highly highly recommend you take this course. Marks program is great way to introduce and hone your outdoor skills."
"Mark. Just touching base with you again to let you know how great the experience was at the Texas camp. I learned a ton and gained an excellent foundation from which to build. I definitely take a different approach in the woods now and am much more a “part of the woods” as opposed to just being out there in the woods."
"Dear Mark, I wanted to thank you again for a wonderful week, it was very enlightening, humbling and so interesting to get a small glimpse into your wealth of knowledge. I really walked away with more than I thought I would and it has really put a new perspective on things. I look forward to my next adventure with Lifesong!"
Hi, Mark. This is Qiong. I attended the Texas survival camp last year and had a wonderful time. When people asked me about my best time in America, I always mentioned my experience during the camp. That was probably my most exciting and memorable adventure I have ever done.