Father Son Survival Camp is an opportunity to spend time together exploring nature while learning outdoor skills. Both Father and son learn practical camping, woodcraft, and survival skills. Fun filled with plenty of hiking, swimming, and outdoor activities. It's true, there is nothing like camping with your son and spending this special time together. Join us for great fun and adventure this summer near Mount Shasta, California.
Father Son Survival Camp
CONTACT Mark for an application before registering for camp
Ages: vaccinated 12 and older with accompanying adult
Location: northern California near Mount Shasta
4 nights: Sunday thru Thursday
Date: August 01-05, 2021 0 spaces available.
Tuition: 1 Adult and 1 Child, $800.00. One extra child $250.00
- knife safety and use – wood carving
- fire making – safety and responsibility
- exploration – hiking
- survival skills
- animal tracking
- water – treatment, and filtering techniques
- foraging insects
- overnight camping
- backpack cooking
- leave no trace
Adventure for Father and Son
Camping skills are fun to learn. We will learn to set up our tents, string a tarp. And use a carving knife safely, we will work on making fire from rubbing sticks together, track wildlife, fish, and learn how to walk silent in the woods. Plenty of time to swim, study and eat interesting insects, learn tree and plant identification, and eat more bugs.
Camping Skills for boys
Camp cooking is hot dogs and roasting marshmallows over a campfire. But there is much more to cooking outdoors than that. Armies march on their stomach and so do campers like us. Will learn the how and why of camp cooking. While discovering simple and unique ways to prepare grasshopper and fish.
- Eligible Students: ages children nine to eleven with accompanying parent.
- Requirements: waiver and medical practitioner’s release
- Duration: Sunday thru Thursday - 4-nights
- Schedule: camp begins Sunday the first day of camp at 4:00 pm and ends Thursday at 11:00 am.
- Accommodations: includes camping, parking
- Food: suggestions provided
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, near Mount Shasta, CA.
- Transport: none
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor; Lifesong Staff – student volunteers
- Contact Mark for references