Father Son Survival Camp is an opportunity to spend time together exploring nature while learning outdoor skills. Both Father and son learn practical camping, woodcraft, and survival skills. Fun filled with plenty of outdoor activities. It's true, there is nothing like camping with your son and spending this special time together. Join us for great fun and adventure this new year on the Oregon coast.
Father Son Survival Camp
CONTACT Mark for an application before registering for camp
- winter shelters
- knife safety- use -wood carving
- fire making – safety and responsibility
- water – treatment, and filtering techniques
- survival skills
- nature awareness
- wildlife behavior
- overnight camping
- outdoor cooking
- leave no trace
Adventure for Father and Son
Camping skills are fun to learn. We will learn to set up our tents, string a tarp. And use a carving knife safely, we will work on making fire from rubbing sticks together, track wildlife, fish, and learn how to walk silent in the woods. Plenty of time to swim, study and eat interesting insects, learn tree and plant identification, and eat more bugs.
Mothers and Daughters
Mothers and daughters, Mothers and sons are welcome to attend this coed camp.
Camping Skills for children
Camp cooking is hot dogs and roasting marshmallows over a campfire. But there is much more to cooking outdoors than that. Armies march on their stomach and so do campers like us. Will learn the how and why of camp cooking. While discovering simple and unique ways to prepare meals outdoors.
- Eligible Students: ages children 12 to 15 with accompanying parent.
- Requirements: proof of Covid Vaccination, waiver and medical practitioner’s release
- Duration: Sunday thru Wednesday - 3-nights
- Schedule: camp begins Sunday the first day of camp at 4:00 pm and ends Wednesday at 11:00 am.
- Accommodations included: Adirondack, (open ended shelters with bunks.)
- Food: none -suggestions provided
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, near Mount Shasta, CA.
- Transport: none
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor; Lifesong Staff – student volunteers
- Contact Mark for references