Father Son survival camp is an opportunity to spend time together exploring nature while learning outdoor skills. Both Father and son learn practical camping, woodcraft, and survival skills. A fun filled week with plenty of hiking, swimming, and adventures. It's true, there is nothing like camping with your son and spending this special time together. Join us for a week of great fun and adventure this summer near Mount Shasta, California.
Father Son Survival Camp
- knife safety and use – wood carving
- fire making – safety and responsibility
- exploration – hiking
- wilderness navigation – map & compass
- survival skills
- animal tracking
- water – treatment, and filtering techniques
- overnight camping
- backpack cooking
- leave no trace
Adventure for Father and Son
Camping skills are fun to learn. We will learn to set up our tents, string a tarp. And use a carving knife safely, we will work on making fire from rubbing sticks together, track wildlife, fish, and learn how to walk in the woods and read a map and compass. Plenty of time to swim, study interesting insects, learn tree and plant identification, and more.
Camping Skills for boys
Camp cooking is hot dogs and roasting marshmallows over a campfire. But there is much more to cooking outdoors than that. Armies march on their stomach and so do campers like us. Will learn the how and why of camp cooking. While discovering simple and unique ways to prepare grasshopper and fish.
- Eligible Students: ages children 9 and older with accompanying parent.
- Requirements: waiver and medical practitioner’s release
- Duration: Sunday thru Thursday - 5 days
- Schedule: camp begins Sunday the first day of camp at 4:00 pm and ends Thursday at 11:00 am.
- Accommodations: camping
- Food: not provided
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, near Mount Shasta, CA.
- Transport: round trip shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport, $110.00. Dunsmuir, CA train station, $75.00. Mount Shasta Greyhound bus station, Free.
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor; Lifesong Staff – student volunteers
- Contact Mark for references
CONTACT Mark for an application before registering for camp
Ages: 9 years and older children with accompanying adult
Location: northern California near Mount Shasta
5 days. Sunday to Thursday
Tuition: CLOSED DUE TO THE CORONA-19 PANDEMIC FOR 2020
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST