First Circle Survival Camp is based on indigenous wisdom. A wise woman once said; "Our people used traditional knowledge from the forest, to help themselves...Learn to carry your box of matches in your mind and muscle" ~Vaasilli Moelagi Jackson. Savaii, Western Samoa.
Location: Mount Shasta, Ca ~OPEN
Date: June 13-17, July 11-15, September 12-16, 2021
Purchase by CHECK or, Buy Now with PayPal
Survival Camp First Circle - The Standard in Survival Skills Training
First Circle - What we do
Survival camp features empowering survival skills emphasizing primitive technology. First Circle provides hands-on outdoor training. Training is professional, engaging, and effective.
We believe it's important you have a sense of what it might be like in real survival. We have exercises to expand your senses, movement, and awareness in nature. Training exercises prepare you for situations encountered in outdoor survival conditions.
Primitive fire-craft, hunting tools, shelter, and more survival skills are taught at camp.
Our emphasis is to share with you what's available on the land. Then how to apply and use what nature offers for our short-term survival and long-term needs.
- shelter - primitive and emergency
- clothing – layering and natural insulation
- water – locate, solar - treatment and filtering systems
- fire – modern and primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant identification
- survival knife – sharpening, use, and safety
- primitive tools
- animal tracking - nature observation
- demonstrate trapping methods – snare, dead-fall
- staying found - map and compass
- survival attitude
- leave no trace
Imagine being more at home, prepared, and confident in the outdoors then you ever imagined. Each day increases your experience, knowledge, and skill level.
First Circle is the first camp in our Circle Series of Survival. Each course in the Series advances your skill and experience level dramatically.
- First Circle
- Advanced Survival Training
- The EDGE
Build your confidence outdoors. Training and experience must be your goal. My training does just that.
A step-by-step process to get you where you want to go.
- Lose the fear
- Get strong
- Be capable
Go for it and register today.
Survival Camp First Circle Student Testimonials
"I was nervous to learn that I would be the only woman at my First Circle. After meeting Mark, his staff, and the other participants, I was immediately relieved of all my worry. Mark and the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable: worked hard to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment. Because of the kindness and awareness of the six men in the group, I was able to focus all my energy on learning wilderness skills instead of on the fact that I was the only woman. Big thanks to Mark and everyone else for a great experience and fantastic adventure!" ~Michelle Killingsworth
Survival skills are life skills
"Lifesong Wilderness Adventures provides such a wonderful experience. Whether participating in refresher courses or new courses, I always feel incredibly empowered and confident afterward. Dirt-Time is hard to come by for me due to my day job. Lifesong provides a mix of class and dirt-time that allows for continuous growth and awareness that I can use not just in the great outdoors, but even at home and at work. Thank you, Mark, for being such an inspiring and patient teacher. And to the staff!!! WOW! I might have gained some weight during my week at First Circle Camp. Thank you, Jayson and Robert!!" ~Roberta Kellis
"I wanted to share with you and your team my thoughts and reaction to Life Song Adventures. When thinking of my experience what comes to mind is magical, awe-inspiring and Life changing.When I got home, I couldn't thank my wife and daughter enough for giving me the gift of Life Song for my 60th birthday. You have given something back to me that I thought I had been lost long ago, the wonder of nature and my place in it. ~Jeff Holden.
More Course Info
- Students: adult and age 16 an older with parental consent - enrollment maximum 10
- Camp duration: 4 days 3 nights
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 2:00 pm – ends on a Wednesday at 11:00 am
- Location: northern California near Mt Shasta
- Accommodations: camp site and vehicle parking fee, included
- Equipment: a registration packet will be supplied after enrollment; tent and sleeping pad rentals are available for $30
- Parking: included
- Transport: Mt Shasta Bus Station to Camp and return, no charge
We reserve the right to add to or omit any of the course topics listed.