The 28-day wilderness immersion is for both men and women 18 years of age and over. Adults who have the powerful desire to challenge themselves while living a primitive outdoor experience. 14 or 28-days of intense field training learning unmatched wilderness survival skills
Dates: ~CLOSED for 2021.
Spending a month outdoors camping in the rugged mountains while learning and practicing wilderness survival skills. Is one awesome adventure!
Nothing can teach us more about wilderness survival and nature outdoors. Then spending 28-days of uninterrupted immersion training. We call dirt time. Immersed in the ever-unfolding wonder and mystery of the natural world.
28-day immersion curriculum
- leave no trace
- primitive backpacking techniques
- survival shelters – modern and primitive
- water – locate, treatment and filtering techniques
- fire – primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant – medicinal and utilitarian
- wildlife human interaction
- tracking and nature observation
- quick bow - arrow making
- trapping methods – snares and deadfalls
Immersion side effects
Side effects of this course may include healthy weight loss, muscle tone, physical endurance, smiling, and creativity. Attendees have been noticed skipping and singing happily along the trail with a twinkle in the eye.
“This has been a phenomenal adventure and everything you have taught me and all that I have learned this summer, about myself, and others and life will, for sure, prove invaluable in my journeys that lie ahead. THANK YOU! ~ Todd M.
"Dear Mark and all who are considering taking this course. It's taken a long while, but I am finally writing about August. And I want to tell you that the Immersion was the best-spent month of my life." Thank you so much Mark ~Robert Lee. 2015
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: 18 and over
- Maximum enrollment: 12
- Requirements: medical release
- Contact us for an application form prior to purchasing camp
- Duration: 14-28 days
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Saturday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Transport: see more services
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor