The 28-day wilderness immersion is for both men and women 18 years of age and over. Adults who have the powerful desire to challenge themselves living a primitive outdoor experience in a remote field camp.
Dates: ~Coming 2022.
Spending time primitive camping in the rugged mountains while learning and practicing wilderness survival skills. Is one awesome adventure!
Nothing can teach us more about wilderness survival and nature outdoors. Then spending 28-days of uninterrupted immersion training. We call dirt time. Immersed in the ever-unfolding wonder and mystery of the natural world.
wilderness immersion curriculum
- leave no trace
- primitive backpacking techniques
- survival shelters – modern and primitive
- water – locate, treatment and filtering techniques
- fire – primitive friction fire
- wild food – plant, insect, and animal
- wild plant – medicinal and utilitarian
- wildlife human interaction
- tracking and nature observation
- quick bow - arrow making
- trapping methods – snares and deadfalls
Hiking and Exploration
Daily activities include hiking and exploring the areas of the remote field camp. These excursions are important in developing your tracking and awareness skills.
Immersion side effects
Side effects of this course may include healthy weight loss, muscle tone, physical endurance, bear wrestling, smiling, and creativity. Attendees have been noticed skipping and singing happily along the trail with a twinkle in the eye.
“This has been a phenomenal adventure and everything you have taught me and all that I have learned this summer, about myself, and others and life will, for sure, prove invaluable in my journeys that lie ahead. THANK YOU! ~ Todd M.
"Dear Mark and all who are considering taking this course. It's taken a long while, but I am finally writing about August. And I want to tell you that the Immersion was the best-spent month of my life." Thank you so much Mark ~Robert Lee. 2015
Adapt and Change
Change has been on the menu for the 28-Day Wilderness Immersion. We have had to adapt to these changes. Life is fluid and to survive we must adapt to the new reality.
For 2022, wilderness immersion will adapt to change by highlighting the Adventure experience. And continue the theme of learning primitive survival skills.
For 2022, This course will adapt to these changes by highlighting "Adventure" with hiking and exploration. But continue with the theme of developing your primitive skills. It will be a fun and exciting adventure to be out and away in the wilds for this class.
More ♦ Camp Info
- Eligible Students: 18 and over
- Maximum enrollment: 12
- Requirements: medical release
- Contact us for an application form prior to purchasing camp
- Duration: 7-Days
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 4:00 pm – ends on a Saturday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Accommodations: primitive outdoor camping
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor
- Survival Skills Training
- Survival Camp First Circle
- Oregon Survival School