Eight - Day teen outdoor survival skills adventure for your son or daughter. This exciting summer adventure is open to boys and girls ages 16-17. Campers learn basic to advanced primitive survival skills. Wilderness navigation, leave no trace camping, hiking, fishing, and life in the outdoors.
Teen Summer Wilderness Adventure CA – 16 to 17
Ages: 16 & 17 co-ed ~email Mark
8-days - Sunday to Sunday
Early bird discount
CONTACT Mark for an application for your teen before registering for camp.
READ Registration Policies before purchasing camp.
Register by CHECK or PayPal.
Teen Summer Wilderness Adventure CA - 16 to 17
Authentic outdoor adventure
Northern California’s rugged mountain terrain provides authentic wilderness experience for your teenager.
Your teen(s) will receive one-on-one personalized attention from Mark and his dedicated staff of student volunteers.
There is something wonderful that happens for young people that spend time in the mountains. These young people grow into themselves right before our very eyes. With humor and grit teens step up and support each other and put their best foot forward.
8 - days outdoor adventure is a challenge no doubt about it. And though it is hard to get up in the morning and make your own breakfast, clean up, and pack up your camp up. There is great personal satisfaction in this simple accomplishment. Teens through this daily experience of self-reliance realize how little stuff they need to be happy and have a wonderful time.
Life in the woods
No cell phones here. Here we experience the wonder and of nature through our own senses instead of a screen. A challenge no doubt. But the fullness of nature must be experienced with eyes wide open with all the wonder and magic nature provides.
Program Teen Summer Wilderness Adventure CA ages 16-17
- survival shelters
- water – treatment and filtering techniques
- fire – primitive friction fire
- camp cooking
- navigation – wilderness orientation
- nature observation - animal tracking
- leave no trace
Our 16 years old son attended two weeks Lifesong Wilderness Adventures camp in July 2018. He had zero prior experience camping, which I take the blame for so I was hoping this would be a great start.
I'd like to point out that my son didn't ask for it and it came as a part of the 'deal' we made: if he goes to the camp, he would be allowed to manage his 'gaming time' for the rest of the summer.
I must say it was the best decision we made as a family lately! Our son came back very happy and 'mature', I could not believe how much good two weeks could do to a teenager!
He made us all very proud and now his younger brother getting ready to become a 'mountaineer' for two weeks. He would have to wait until next year though 🙂 Highly recommend. ~Anatoli Stukanov
I learned more through Mark’s careful guidance and rich knowledge of the natural world than I have ever learned in any classroom, and I had much more fun doing it.
~ Eli Lewis.
8-days of empowering and wilderness survival training for your teen! Request a teen application today.
This 8-day camp is a great primer to develop the skills you need to become a summer volunteer. We take pride in our volunteer staff and the training they receive. If you're interested in being a part of our teen staff core you will love this course.
- Eligible Students: co-ed ages 16 – 17 maximum of twelve (12) attending
- Requirements: medical practitioner’s release Contact us for an application form prior to purchasing camp.
- Duration: 8 days
- Schedule: begins Sunday at 4:00 pm – ends Sunday at 12:00 pm (noon)
- Accommodations: primitive camping
- Food: included
- Location: 4 hours north of San Francisco Bay area, in the northern CA, near Mount Shasta.
- Transport: round trip shuttle service from Medford, Oregon airport, $110.00. Dunsmuir, CA train station, $95.00. Weed CA Greyhound bus station, Free.
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor; Lifesong Staff – student volunteers
- Contact Mark for references