Mark and his team are knowledgeable and passionate about bushcraft and the outdoors. It is very clear by the way they speak and teach their skills. I had a so much fun and learned so much. My experience with Mark far surpassed my expectations. ~Christopher Baron – Texas, 2018.
Wilderness Survival Training in Texas
Benefits of training with us
- our training is professional, hands on, and fun
- we are knowledgeable and passionate
- we will surpass your expectations
- you will have an incomparable experience
Wilderness Survival Training Texas
- professional excellence
- personal hands on instruction
- exceptional and experienced staff
- 25 years of wilderness survival instruction
Texas Standard and Advanced Standard Training, back to back.
Dates: March 08 – 14, 2020
Location: Griffith League Scout Ranch, near Austin, Texas.
*See all course(s) descriptions below.
Limited time early bird special $50.00 discount on Texas Camps purchased 60-days on or before first day of camp. Buy Now by check or PayPal.
Std-Adv back to back, Std only, Adv only, and The Edge
Read Registration Policies before purchasing camp. Register by CHECK
Texas Standard and Advanced Standard Training
• Psychology of survival – mental attitude •panic fear factor • survival pack – 24 and 72 hour • clothing – layering • survival knife – style, sharpening, use and safety • shelter – primitive, modern, emergency • water – hydration, plant, treatment • fire – safety, one match, flint/steel, bow drill • wild edibles – plant and insect • natural fibers – cordage, string • the hunt • intro trapping
Advanced Standard Training
• advanced tracking – nature observation and awareness • fire – hand drill • wild medicinal plants • primitive cooking • containers • open fire cooking • advanced trapping • quick bow • the hunt • stalking • camouflage
Unable to attend the full week? Choose Texas Standard survival training. March 08-11, 2020. $500.00
Texas Standard Graduates. Are you a Standard graduate? Complete your training. Advanced Standard Training – March 11-14, $500.00
Texas EDGE – extreme survival training. March 15-20, $850.00
- mentally and physically demanding
- personally challenging
- extreme adventure
We take only accept a limited number of guests for the EDGE. Visit THE EDGE to learn more about this challenging rite of passage adventure.
Ask yourself this question.
Could you survive outdoors in a natural disaster for one week? Without matches, a gun, knife, food, and the skills needed to survive?
Do you want to rely on someone else to make life and death decisions for you?
Wilderness Survival in Texas
We provide the knowledge and hands-on training to give the edge during any crisis.
You learn what is useful in nature. How to use it, prepare it, to supply the most basic survival needs. Consider plants. Some are edible, medicinal, and utilitarian. A common flower that slows or stops bleeding.
A root to numb a toothache. Tree bark that smells and tastes like root beer. And plant fiber so strong it make a strong bowstring. You will never view a flower, leaf, stalk, bush, stick, or a tree the same way again.
~Texas Survival Training Reviews
“Mark and his team are extremely knowledgeable and passionate about bushcraft and the outdoors. It is very apparent by the way they speak and teach their skills. I had a so much fun and learned so much. My experience with Mark far surpassed my expectations. I have spent years studying and researching these skills online and it doesn’t even compare to the few days I spent with Mark and his crew. I highly highly recommend you take this course. Marks program is great way to introduce and hone your outdoor skills.” ~Christopher Baron
“Mark. Just touching base with you again to let you know how great the experience was at the Texas camp. I learned a ton and gained an excellent foundation from which to build. I definitely take a different approach in the woods now and am much more a “part of the woods” as opposed to just being out there in the woods.” ~Jeff H.
“Dear Mark, I wanted to thank you again for a wonderful week, it was very enlightening, humbling and so interesting to get a small glimpse into your wealth of knowledge. I really walked away with more than I thought I would and it has really put a new perspective on things. I look forward to my next adventure with Lifesong!” ~Chris Watters.
Hi, Mark. This is Qiong. I attended the Texas survival camp last year and had a wonderful time. When people asked me about my best time in America, I always mentioned my experience during the camp. That was probably my most exciting and memorable adventure I have ever done. ~Qiong W.
More Texas Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adult, teens 16 and older may attend with parental permission – enrollment maximum, 20 students
- Requirements: none
- Duration: Texas Standard 4 days, Texas Advanced Standard 4 days
- Schedule: Standard begins Sunday at 11:00 am and ends Wednesday at 11:00 am-Advanced Standard begins Wednesday at 2:00 pm and ends Saturday at 11:00 am. Texas EDGE, arrive day before course date at 4 pm. leave last day of camp at noon.
- Accommodations: on-site tenting, tent not included. Tent rentals available
- Meals: included
- Location: Griffith League Scout Ranch, Bastrop, Texas
- Airport: Austin-Bergstrom international airport code AUS
- Transportation: Shuttle service is available from AUS to camp and airport return -$40.00
- Instructors: Mark Wienert,