Wilderness Survival Training Texas
Texas - Standard and Advanced Standard Survival Training
2021 Wilderness Survival Training Temporarily Closed due to COVID-19
A note from Mark. Hi folks. We are as disappointed as you. It's still a small possibility that we could operate the March 2021 course. But it depends how safe it is to do so. Everyone's safety is what matters the most.
During this down time we have been enjoying tracking our local bruin. While getting some short video segments. Visit LWA's YouTube Channel and follow along as we track Black Bears, Cougar, and other wildlife.
Winter months are a good time to practice Fire-Craft skills. I offer an Advanced Online coaching course in the elements of successful emergency firemaking. This is an advanced fire class. To learn more Contact Mark before registering. Emergency fire making is critical to wilderness survival training in Texas.
We hope to be back to teaching as soon as we can. Be safe everyone.
Dates 2021: March 14 - 20 Std-Adv Standard back to back
Standard only - Mar 14-17
THE EDGE - Mar 21-24 -
Location: Griffith League Scout Ranch, near Austin, Texas
*See all course(s) descriptions below
Location: near Austin, Texas
*See all course descriptions below
Register by CHECK
Texas Standard and Advanced Standard Training
Standard Training - Sunday thru Wednesday noon
- panic fear factor
- survival pack – 24 and 72 hour
- survival knife-type-sharpening-use and safety
- shelter – primitive, modern
- water – hydration – treatment
- fire-craft one match, flint/steel, bow drill
- wild edibles-animal- plant - insect
- plant fibers-cordage-netting
- the hunt-tools-intro primitive trapping
- outdoor living
Advanced Standard Training - Wednesday afternoon thru Saturday noon
- advanced animal tracking
- nature observation
- hand drill
- wild medicinal plants
- primitive cooking
- open fire cooking
- advanced trapping
- quick bow
- the hunt
Unable to attend the full week? Choose Texas Standard survival training. March 08-11,
Texas EDGE - extreme survival training. March 15-18
- mentally and physically demanding
- personally challenging
- extreme adventure
We take only accept a limited number of guests for the EDGE. Visit THE EDGE to learn more about this challenging rite of passage adventure.
Ask yourself this question.
Could you survive outdoors in a natural disaster for one week? Without matches, a gun, knife, food, and the skills needed to survive? Do you want to rely on someone else to make life and death decisions for you?
Wilderness Survival Training in Texas
We provide the knowledge and hands-on training to give the edge during any crisis.
We teach you how to survive and thrive in nature
Do you know how to supply yourself with the most basic survival needs?
Our expert training will prepare you.
~Wilderness Survival Training Reviews
" My experience with Mark far surpassed my expectations. I have spent years studying and researching these skills online and it doesn’t even compare to the few days I spent with Mark and his crew. I highly highly recommend you take this course. Marks program is great way to introduce and hone your outdoor skills." ~Christopher Baron
"Mark. Just touching base with you again to let you know how great the experience was at the Texas camp. I learned a ton and gained an excellent foundation from which to build. I definitely take a different approach in the woods now and am much more a “part of the woods” as opposed to just being out there in the woods." ~Jeff H.
"Dear Mark, I wanted to thank you again for a wonderful week, it was very enlightening, humbling and so interesting to get a small glimpse into your wealth of knowledge. I really walked away with more than I thought I would and it has really put a new perspective on things. I look forward to my next adventure with Lifesong!" ~Chris Watters.
Hi, Mark. This is Qiong. I attended the Texas survival camp last year and had a wonderful time. When people asked me about my best time in America, I always mentioned my experience during the camp. That was probably my most exciting and memorable adventure I have ever done. ~Qiong W.
Have a Question? Email Mark. Or Register today thru PayPal
More Texas Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adult, teens 16 and older may attend with parental permission - enrollment maximum, 20 students
- Requirements: none
- Duration: Texas Standard 4 days, Texas Advanced Standard 4 days
- Schedule: Standard begins Sunday at 11:00 am and ends Wednesday at 11:00 am-Advanced Standard begins Wednesday at 2:00 pm and ends Saturday at 11:00 am. Texas EDGE, arrive day before course date at 4 pm. leave last day of camp at noon.
- Accommodations: on-site tenting, tent not included. Tent rentals available
- Meals: included
- Location: Griffith League Scout Ranch, Bastrop, Texas
- Airport: Austin-Bergstrom international airport code AUS
- Transportation: Shuttle service is available from AUS to camp and airport return -$40.00
- Instructors: Mark Wienert, and Staff