L.O.S.T. -TX Survival Training
- Wilderness Survival Training in Texas offers personally empowering wilderness survival skills. The skills that will save your life and those of your loved ones during an emergency.
- You learn the most basic of human needs to survive during an emergency. We cover shelter, locating water and filtration, fire-craft, and wild edibles.
- Animal and plant harvesting and preparation.
- Forming an action plan.
Wilderness Survival Training in Texas – March 10-16, 2019
Location: Griffith League Scout Ranch, near Austin, Texas.
Texas Standard and Advanced Standard Training, back to back. $850.00
2018 Dates: March 10-16, Seven days (7) ~OPEN
Texas Standard survival training: unable to attend the full week? No worries, choose Texas Standard survival training. March 10-13, Four (4) days of exciting survival training $500.00 ~OPEN
Texas Standard Graduates. Are you an LOST-TX Standard graduate? Complete your training. March 13-16, $500.00
THE EDGE in Texas – extreme survival training. March 20-23, $745.00 ~OPEN
The Texas EDGE is a modified version of our 6-Day adventure offered in California. I have been running, THE EDGE, extreme adventure every year since 2006.
This course is physically challenging.
You receive personal expert training from your host, Mark Wienert. EDGE students are monitored during the overnight to make sure all have a safe and successful adventure.
We take only accept a limited number of guests for this extreme adventure.
|Texas Standard & Advanced Standard|
Register for THE EDGE in Texas. March 2019
‘Or, Buy Now with PayPal’
Ask yourself this question.
Could you survive outdoors in a natural disaster for one week? Without matches, a gun, knife, food, and the skills needed to survive?
Do you want to rely on someone else to make life and death decisions for you?
L.O.S.T. – Texas Survival Training
We provide the knowledge and hands-on training to give the edge during any crisis.
You learn what is useful in nature. How to use it, prepare it, to supply the most basic survival needs. Consider plants. Some are edible, medicinal, and utilitarian. A common flower that slows or stops bleeding.
A root to numb a toothache. Tree bark that smells and tastes like root beer. And plant fiber so strong it make a strong bowstring. You will never view a flower, leaf, stalk, bush, stick, or a tree the same way again.
~Texas Survival Training Reviews
“Mark and his team are extremely knowledgeable and passionate about bushcraft and the outdoors. It is very apparent by the way they speak and teach their skills. I had a so much fun and learned so much. My experience with Mark far surpassed my expectations. I have spent years studying and researching these skills online and it doesn’t even compare to the few days I spent with Mark and his crew. I highly highly recommend you take this course. Marks program is great way to introduce and hone your outdoor skills.” ~Christopher Baron
“Mark. Just touching base with you again to let you know how great the experience was at the Texas camp. I learned a ton and gained an excellent foundation from which to build. I definitely take a different approach in the woods now and am much more a “part of the woods” as opposed to just being out there in the woods.” ~Jeff H.
“Dear Mark, I wanted to thank you again for a wonderful week, it was very enlightening, humbling and so interesting to get a small glimpse into your wealth of knowledge. I really walked away with more than I thought I would and it has really put a new perspective on things. I look forward to my next adventure with Lifesong!” ~Chris Watters.
Hi, Mark. This is Qiong. I attended the Texas survival camp last year and had a wonderful time. When people asked me about my best time in America, I always mentioned my experience during the camp. That was probably my most exciting and memorable adventure I have ever done. ~Qiong W.
Texas Standard Course
• Psychology of survival – mental attitude, panic, fear factor • survival pack – 24 and 72 hour • clothing – layering • survival knife – style, sharpening, use and safety • shelter – primitive, modern, emergency • water – hydration, plant, treatment • fire – safety, one match, flint/steel, bow drill • wild edibles – plant and insect • natural fibers – cordage, string • the hunt – tools, traps
Texas Advanced Standard Course
• tracking – nature observation and awareness • fire – hand drill • wild medicinal plants • primitive cooking containers • open fire cooking • traps – making and setting • creating primitive hunting tools • the hunt – stalking, camouflage.
Unable to attend the full week? Register for the Texas Standard Training. Four (4) days of wilderness survival training.
More Camp Info
- Eligible Students: adult, teens 16 and older may attend with parental permission – enrollment maximum, 20 students
- Requirements: none
- Duration: Texas Standard 4 days, Texas Advanced Standard 4 days
- Schedule: Standard begins Sunday at 11:00 AM and ends Wednesday at 11:00 AM-Advanced Standard begins Wednesday at 2:00 PM and ends Saturday at 11:00 AM
- Accommodations: on-site tenting, tent not included. Tent rentals available
- Meals: included
- Location: Griffith League Scout Ranch, Bastrop, Texas
- Airport: Austin-Bergstrom international airport code AUS
- Transportation: Shuttle service is available from AUS to camp and airport return -$40.00
- Instructors: Mark Wienert, and Staff