Learn how to make Emergency Snowshoes during this 2-Day weekend class. Craft your own pair of highly functional snowshoes. Snowshoes, also called Ski Shoes allow you to hike and maneuver in snow country with success. Without snowshoes or skis to keep you on top of deep snow. Your body will soon tire and suffer exhaustion succumbing to exposure and cold.
location: Florence, OR
Dates: to be announced
READ: Registration Policies before purchasing. Buy by CHECK
Emergency Snowshoes Class
- build a pair of emergency snowshoes from green sticks
- notch and carving using a knife
- bind-craft - knot techniques to assemble
- knot and bind-craft for bindings
- useful wild plants
Advance your training in Winter bush-skills during this 2-Day weekend class. Cordage, knots, knife-craft, and building up your wild plant knowledge and application.
Cordage Knives Sticks
With these three tools, cordage, knives, and sticks, you can craft emergency snowshoes or ski shoes. Stop a rabbit dead in its tracks. You can build shelter, set a snare, notch a deadfall. Or carve a bow drill with your knife. Smooth a sturdy stick for and arrow and twist fiber for your bow string.
You can make do with cordage, knives, and sticks. Simple tools to survive simply in the bush.
Classes are held south of Florence, OR. Florence is an hour's drive west of Eugene and three and a half - hours north of Medford. And a three and a half-hour drive south of Portland. For Bend and Central Oregon, however, expect 3 to 4 hours.
- Driving directions, gear list, course forms, specific to your class are provided upon registration
- Camping and meals are not provided
- First day start time 8:40 AM - end time 4:PM
- No smoking
- No dogs or pets of any kind allowed on camp premises or in vehicles
- Leave No Trace: pack it in and pack it out
Not available on site. See area accommodations for Camping, Honeyman Memorial State Park, Lagoon Campground, Darlings Marina & RV Resort are the closest. Motel accommodations in and around Florence OR. 97439, and Dune City.